Monday, March 15, 2010

Its been a long time

and there's been shouting and awfullness and snow and lovely smiles and cuddles and kisses and play dough and sings and simply tonnes of spiders.

The main theme for the last few months has been surprisingly to me, "putting myself first". Ha who would have thought that to be an effective mummy, i have to pat attention to my own needs... So, PMS has been misery undiluted, taking up 3 out of every 4 weeks (2 weeks shouting, plus 1 week flaked out exhausted and bleeding). Sympathetic gp has suggested the coil. Online research seems to suggest this a good thing and most recent (ie out yesterday) suggests that contraceptive hormones actually have a long term effect of reducing cancer despite a short term blip of increasing it. So boldly once more into the unknown I go...

2 comments:

Ailbhe said...

Gosh, there you are!

Patricia said...

Ah, see the comment I made on your most recent post but one of the things I noticed when I stopped eating anything with sugar in was the total lack of PMS symptoms, not even a twinge of a pain! :-)